Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just Thought I Would Share About What's Up

WOW, it has been quite awhile since I have blogged. Where do I begin……..as you all know my parents are in PA enjoying themselves and having a blast visiting w/ family & friends. The 3 of us here in AZ have been trying to deal with all sorts of things. My husband is still trying to get settled into his online college and I feel he is doing very well even though he might not have all of his stuff yet. Travis is trying to enjoy his summer but is realizing that there is not a whole lot to do that is exciting. He swims almost every day which is good because that’s his exercise. I on the other hand have been really battling my auto immune hives. I am back on with taking a high dose of prednisone again hoping that it helps my hives get under control, if not its back to the dermatologist again. Like I tell people, this is the hand I have been dealt so I need to just deal with it as best as I can at the present moment and live my life to the fullest. It’s just hard not having any energy, I’m always tired and hot. The hives and now prednisone on top of it makes me so hot & sweaty were I am just miserable. My Dad joked around with me yesterday saying I guess you need to live either in the South or North Pole or a cave……haha. To be honest with you I feel like I am in a cave already I don’t go outdoors until evening or night so I don’t have to deal with the hot sun or intense heat.

Travis tries or does things to try and get my mind off the itching & burning. We will play games or he’ll decide to cook dinner that evening which is fun. This weekend he made delicious chocolate chip cookies but the funny thing was is that instead of making drop size cookies on the pan, he made meatball size cookies that spread to make 1 gigantic cookie. Let’s just say the batter was to make 3 dozen well we only got 2 pans worth, we had to cut his cookies with a spatula but oh they were so thick & tasty. Sometimes it’s worth messing up and when you do good things do come out of it!!!! I’m learning not to fret over small, petty things anymore…..YEAH!!!

God Bless,

Heather

1 comment:

Denise said...

Praying for you sweetie. I love you.

Heathers' Hits


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones