Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thankful Thursday......Comfort


Isaiah 49:13 Sing, O Heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.
I am thankful for God’s comfort I couldn’t have gone through this for the past 7 months with out Him. As I sit here in my bed feeling my flesh burn from the inside out and itch so bad from head to toe that rubbing or even scratching doesn’t even help relieve it. I’m taking medicine that’s not even working but hey until the Doctor gets the entire test back then hopefully we will kick this in the butt. I have cried out Lord why? Are you punishing me? I’m too young, I want to do so much more with my life, and I’m not ready. I just don’t understand why God would do the same to me to Travis. It was hard for me to deal with my Mom’s illnesses as a teen and now Travis is being doubled whammy by both his Mom and Grandmother. You know what I dislike more then anything is when I have to go out of my house. The looks I get when people look at me well guess what I can see you, hear you and read your lips. Do you realize how painful it is for me too seeing the way you stare at me with disgust and say such horrible things about me? Do you know how hard it is for me to look at a mirror every morning and see hives all over my forehead , face, hands, arms, breast, stomach, my whole legs, even my but ladies and back I tell you covered. Its not sexy one bit as I sit here I am crying that’s how depressing it is. Yes, I once had beautiful skin I would be complimented on my complexion and now I get looked upon like a leper. I can deal with the other medical problems in my life I just want God’s mercy and healing hand to touch my body and make it all better.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

heather, i'm so sorry to hear about this discomfort. God is merciful and He heals.

Father, i lift up to you my sister in Christ heather. i pray that you touch her body and heal her completely. thank you Lord. in Jesus' mighty name, amen.

heidi said...

That just made me so sad for you. :-( I am sorry you are dealing with this. I hope that you find reprieve, soon.

Denise said...

Sweetie, my heart hurts for you. I am asking God to heal you, and give you precious relief. Please take care, God and I love you.

i said...

Hugs to you, Heather. Praying for God's healing hand to be upon you.

Anonymous said...

God doesn't always heal us in OUR timeframe, but that doesn't mean He isn't listening. Just keep believing in Him. I too will say a prayer for you.

Unknown said...

Heather,

I'm so sorry for your discomfort, the meaness of others and how your heart is hurting.

I encourage you to take a look at it through God's eyes and not what you are seeing or feeling.

How might you be glorified in all of this LORD? How might you use me to touch the lives of others through this trial? What do I need to learn from this pain and suffering? How can it bless me, my family and most important Your Kingdom?

It is through Christ's suffering that He was exalted. We must go through suffering to be formed into His image. Our suffering looks different for each of us.

Trust in God's love for you and know that He has allowed this for your good and His glory!

Praying for His will be done in your heart and life through this trial. That the pain ease and the joy be FULL!

In His amazing grace,
Jill

Unknown said...

Heather, your pain is palpable and I am praying that the Lord will touch your heart and body in such a way that you are filled beyond measure with comfort and joy. May you know without a doubt that He is with you on this journey.

Laurie Ann said...

I'm praying for you...May God heal you soon.

Michele Williams said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through all this Heather. If I could take it away from you I would. If it is Lupus we will deal with it together... mother and daughter fighting for a cure. I do pray that you get relief soon!

Love you,
mom

Sab said...

It made my heart hurt to read what you wrote. I pray that you will experience God all the more through all this. I pray He sends you more and more comfort!

bp said...

I'm so sorry for your pain Heather. I read your Mom's prayer request for you earlier this week. Please know I'm praying for you this afternoon.

Marsha said...

Sweetie, I wish I could wave my magic aunt wand and make you all better. I know you are feeling like Job, these long 7 months. I just pray the biopsy will reveal something they can treat and get you well.

Love you sweet niece. You know I'm praying!

Missy said...

This maybe will make sense coming from me, but what has immedietly popped into my head is
"Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white, spots and rashes, preciouse in His sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world"

And if I see somebody while I am out that looks uncomofortable I will remember to give them a sweet smile in honor of you!

I seriously hope and pray they find a resolution for you :)

Heathers' Hits


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones