Saturday, January 24, 2009

Contentment


Contentment

2 Corinthians 12:7-10
7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


How many of us can truly say we are content with the things we have, own, our walk with the Lord, finances and ect….? Lately I have really been thinking about this and asking the Lord to show me where I have gone wrong. A couple of weeks ago my son said, “Mom has there ever been a place that you have been happy at?” WOW, I honestly couldn’t answer that question. So the past few days I have been pondering asking the Lord to show me why I am not content. It all goes back to being happy where God has you at that point in time. The Lord is working on my heart making me realize that I am a miserable, bitter woman who has been scorned. Even though I have asked for forgiveness and I have been forgiven through God’s grace, I’m the one who can’t let go of the thorn in my flesh which is Satan tormenting me over and over again. Lord I come to you asking you to release me from bondage, help me to stop allowing Satan to torment me. Help me to show Travis what true contentment means and to be happy where you have planted my feet. Give me a joyful heart that praises your name and shines bright with your love. Amen

I am going to end with this.

1Timothy 6:6-10
6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I love you, and I am praying for you.

bp said...

Thank you for sharing this. I hope you'll continue to share what the Lord is showing and teaching you. As I read your post I wondered if you have read Beth Moore's Breaking Free. I just thought of it as I read.

Thanks for playing along on "10 things I love." Your letter is C. Have fun!!

Michele Williams said...

Great Heather! We have been praying for this for years! I truly have seen the Lord working in your heart... it's so wonderful! We will continue to pray for you, Karl, and Travis.

I love you,
mom

Heathers' Hits


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones